Monday 15 July 2013

Foodie 2: The Summer Colour Is Red

I have already told you, guys, how fresh, sweet and delicious is the produce here. One particular thing impressed me in my first Summer here, last year: how your place (or bow, or glass) can be covered by red food.

The most impressive part are the cherries. Real cherries. I never imagined I would ever find edible cherries to buy that weren't either canned (and extremely costly) or glacé cherries, which in Brazil are anything but cherries (they're know for being made of glacéed vegetables, coloured artificially and shaped in the form of a cherry - but not really, now that I know the real ones). Affordable natural cherries would come only in my wildest dreams - Yvanna, the god of Arda, bringing me a box of elvish wood and opening it to me solemnly.

Here are my cherries this Summer:


And here are what part of them became - the best preserve of all, with no cinnamon, but an Middle-Eastern flavour that is unbeatable.



These are plums. To be very honest, I ate better plums here, so I "de-seeded" them and froze. They will became part of muffins and cakes later.


These are grapes. To eat only. =P



And finally, this is hibiscus tea, that you can drink cold - and I drink cold with lemon. They say it lowers your blood pressure, which is a pity for me. The tea is delicious and all you need is to throw the dried flowers in the water.




No comments:

Post a Comment