Thursday 19 January 2012

New Favourite Book

I don't know if anything by Carlos Nejar has been translated into other languages, but, my friends, if it does have and you find it, don't hesitate: take it with you.

A Engenhosa Letícia do Pontal was a book a friend gave a couple of years ago. I always had other priorities, but I wanted to read it now anyway, 'cause I can't take it with me. And Rodrigo, the friend who gave the precious gift, is the kind of person, who I really trust if he advises me to read something.

So now this is my favourite book of all times. Yes, I like it better than Goethe's Faust or Whether, which is something. It's a difficult book to read, for sure. Prose, that you should read like poetry. Sometimes the metaphors are so powerful that I must stop to breath, before I carry on reading.

I am not D. Quixote or Dulcinea, 
Only Letícia from Pontal [...] 


Fighting against the universe, Percival. 
And having in each being, for her war, 
The two-edged sword on the saddle
And for endorsement the dream's arsesenal. 

Bad translation by myself, anyone who want to venture to have a better version, please write it in the comments and I'll update the post. ;-) Original version can be found in the Brazilian blog.

Next time, I promisse I'll have more photos of Belo Horizonte.

No comments:

Post a Comment