Monday 9 January 2012

Starting the farewells

So, I bought the tickets... I was more than sure now, as if I need any more assurance, it's time to bid farewell to lots of people - and to lots of things.

I think it is important to say goodbyes properly. It makes easier to adapt and to start again. Let's start with my city. I know that can't even say "see you later", because it'll be unrecognizable, after all the make up for the World Cup.



All these thoghts hit me when I got lost (yeah, I live here for 28 years, but getting lost is pretty much part of who I am) and found myself suddenly in front of the prestigious "Sao Domingos", an ice cream parlour famous for having the best ice cream in town, but that I had never been there. So why not now?

Reason: one simple ice cream cone costs . 2.50 USD

The tiled wall faced me tantalizingly, so I entered. Nice thing about saying goodbye: for the first time in my life I had no doubts which ice cream flavour I would choose: pistachio.

The 2.50 dollars were worth: second best ice cream of my life (Berliner mango&chocolate one stays unbeatable). Plus it makes think, while I savored it, about things to say goodbye. So here goes a list:

5 things to do and say goodbye to town: 

1 - Make a sightseeing tour and take my own photos (actually this was Thomas' idea a couple of years ago);
2 - Go to the zoo and the Japanese Garden;
3 - Go to Mangabeiras Park and make a picnic;
4 - Go to Praça da Liberdade (Liberty's Square) and the Municipal Park - favourite public places in town;
5 - Hippie Market and Municipal Market - they're not common markets, they're more like bazaars...

So there we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment