Friday 10 May 2013

The previous post

I think I need to learn how to blog again. The previous post was a bit confusing. =/ So here follows some [graphic] explanation for the unexplained in the last post. 

First I suppose I did more than most Brazilians do to celebrate Easter, but here, besides 55 days of Lent , during the Holy Week, people go to church everyday. Then, on Thursday they wash their feet. On the       "Great Friday" (not "Good Friday"), the day to remember Jesus was crucified, people dress in black and drink vinegar (as Jesus did, because Jesus drank vinegar, when asked for water). Then, on Sunday, 00:00 people break the fasting with nice food. There is also Easter Monday, which is a National Holiday, from the ancient times and people eat fish, coloured eggs, visit friends, dress new clothes. 

This is the "Palm Craft" we hanged on our door on Palm Sunday. It's super traditional.




And this is the church which looks like a synagogue - but also looks like a mosque. Only the external architecture, I mean.





Finally, this year I baked a squared "Simmel Cake". And since I couldn't find chocolate eggs or balls, I put 11 pieces of chocolate to represent the disciples. My interpretation of the Simmel Cake for 2013:

No comments:

Post a Comment