Sunday 5 May 2013

First Aniversary & Happy Easter!


The title of this post troubles me. Each topic deserves per si one post. But without internet the last month (or months?), I didn’t have the opportunity to blog much.
No complaints, tho, because, I borrowed Madame Adrienne’s internet USB whatever, and now – here am I! \O/ Merci beaucoup to her.  

So, May 5, and today is Easter in this part of the world. I already wrote my “Ode toEaster” last year, but I could never know, that in such an international city, I would celebrate Easter twice this year. Not bad at all.

In case you’re curious to know why, it’s the following: the Western Church (e.g. the Protestants & the Roman Catholics) and the Eastern Church (i.e. the Orthodox Church, the Coptic Church and a number of small Christian groups in MENA) have different liturgical calendars. Now, some Western Christians, living in the  East, want to celebrate special occasions according to their calendar. Personally, I am pleased with any dates as long as we celebrate, so I am more than happy to celebrate Christmas and Easter twice.

And it might be my impression, but it seems to me that Easter here is a bigger thing than Christmas. Well, I didn’t do much, besides putting my Palm leaves on the door (which actually, the owner of my apartment did) and washing my feet in a Church that looks pretty much like a synagogue. However, I sang in Church the beautiful Mozart “Laudate Dominum”  and after calling the family in Brazil and some trays of muffins, I am mixing my “SimmelCake”. Well, you might doubt that, since I am typing this post, but I was tired of standing in the hot kitchen and decided to blog a bit. =P

He is risen indeed! Hallelujah!!
Happy Easter!!! 

Listen for inspiration:


No comments:

Post a Comment