Wednesday 29 February 2012

Playing homage is...

...  not to forget important people and stuff.

When I played with Simone Leitao, a couple of weeks ago, it stuck me hard that I was neglecting Music in my life. However, in the midst of an intense preparation I thought that it would be better not to feel guilty and to go ahead (yeah, it's important to play games with your mind, sometimes). 

And today, as everybody who googled something today knows, it's Rossini's birthday. With the late events in mind, plus having for the 100th time, the confirmation that the gift of making Music will be useful in my new life (although I gave up to be a professional musician) I couldn't let to have something by Rossini here. 

For me Rossini is a synonym of the great Cecilia Bartoli. Hope you enjoy and that your evening (and day) gets happier. For me, it's a landmark in the territory of priorities. Music has to be a priority in my life - even if it is a hobby. It is a part of who I am - so I should know better than take some days off from it. =)  


No comments:

Post a Comment