Friday 13 April 2012

Small things, Important Stuff


It's been obvious that I've spent the last months saying goodbyes to everybody and everywhere. There are two reasons, though (besides the recommendation that is important to really "leave behind your homeland", as I've previously pointed out HERE). Firstly, the two other times I was abroad, I left many things unresolved in Brazil. These pendencies were prejudicial to me and I wanted this time to have nothing taking me back. Secondly, and this is a consequence of the first wish, I wanted to finish a cycle in my life. It may be that I’m close the thirties and have this feeling of new phase in life. It felt right and I really think it was the best choice I made.

Thus, for the last time, some highlights of the last goodbyes in the last weeks:

·         At the big Goodbye party, I’ve got two little plants. I found this highly interesting, because they were very beautiful but the ones who gave it to me, didn’t mind that I would enjoy them for just two weeks, since I can’t take any vase of flowers with me. They were tokens of friendship that I really appreciated (and thanks to dad, they are in good hands!);
·         We went to a last football match. I support Atlético Mineiro and we won the match, but it wasn’t the best one… I liked to spend some nice time with cousins, brother and his girlfriend and to have some spare time amidst all the craziness of arranging things;


·         One week later, mom did a family lunch to fifty people, which were family plus close relatives. Even grandpa (!) was there, which made it one of the most important moments;
·         I went to granny to bake “Five Plates Biscuits”, which are a traditional delicatessen from Minas Gerais. Yummie plus GREAT TIME with a GREAT WOMAN;
·         We had another small Goodbye party – which was very nice. As in all parties, we took photos, smiled, hugged, kissed, laughed and I’m truly full of gratitude for all amazing friends and relatives that I have;
·         I went with my parents and siblings to dine out – delicious fish and chips… on the Brazilian fashion, though.;
·         Phoned, talked, e-mailed, texted lots of friends – but couldn’t reach a half of all those I wanted to talk to;
·         Had a last bowl of acai-berries cream, a last “pastel com caldo de cana” (a Brazilian pie with sugar-cane juice) with my brother, a last “pão-de-queijo com cafézinho” (traditional cheese scones from Minas Gerais with coffee on the Brazilian fashion) wit mom;
·         Mom took two days off work to be with me. Nothing could crown it better than this. Without her help, I wouldn’t be able to take off.

Well, you see that I really tried to concentrate on people (and food, but the latter was unintentionally – it came with meeting people).

Too big a post, I will write more next about future plans and great expectations!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment