Saturday 21 July 2012

Ramadan's Journal #2

The main advice people gave for the Ramadan's season was to not eat or drink in the public spaces, during fasting time. Even though, many of us are not fasting, it's a sign of respect for those who are.

Yesterday, it wasn't very hard, because I left home in the morning to meet a friend. Then, she gave me lift back home. Then I left again for a game's evening in the neighbourhood and came back home. I could easily avoid drinking water during my public appearances.

But today I wanted to backpack in the city, that is, to have a map in a hand and lot of curiosity to visit non-touristic places. Without water that was hard. And I was getting hungry, hungry... finally I end up in an until now unknown haven - an amazing bookshop, probably the best in town - and they had a clean toillet (very much like in Brazil, that's rare)! So I could refresh myself. And they had a garden, as well. So, I confess, I went to the garden to sneak some food I had brought from home.

If it's Ramadan, you end up fasting with everybody else - involuntarily. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment