Thursday 2 August 2012

Ramadan's Journal #14

I'm trying not to complain about traffic again... This time, after Iftar, when everybody seems to go into streets to do whatever.

Instead I will talk about Ramadan during the different seasons.

I have never seen dawn here. But I know that everyday, about 5 o'clock in the morning, the rays of sun comes through the windows' slots and gently wake me up. The apartment is all drowned in light in the very early morning. Then, about 19:00 the sun sets. It doesn't get dark before 20:00, tho. 


So, you eat the suhur before dawn - the first large meal. Then, when daylight is over, they'll break the fast with dates or water, before Iftar. With 40ºC during the day. 


Ramadan during Summer is hard. 


But I still have one question: if during one month, Muslims should fast from dawn to sunset, how they do if they're living on Finland or Sweden, where, for some days, the sun doesn't set?






No comments:

Post a Comment