Wednesday 8 August 2012

Ramadan's Journal #19

There are some things I haven't seen during Ramadan - talking here about things I read I would see:

- Because it's a month, you should be more generous and give more generously, it is expected an increase of beggars in the streets. But probably because economy is going bad, it's been the same for me: a lot of people sleeping in the streets and lots of beggars everywhere (so sad there are things like these in any part of the world...). 

- Also in the name of generosity, rich people and big companies would cater Iftar for the poor. I haven't seen any of this - it doesn't mean there isn't any, of course. 

I have seen and heard about that for the services where people will keep working even before, during or after Iftar, they gather together to celebrate in the workplace. Like people in the supermarket around the corner, or the fakakhani (fruit vendor) and his staff (including a child who shouldn't be working, but...);

Taxi drivers aren't more generous. As in everywhere in the world, they keep trying to cheat you, Ramadan or not. =P 


No comments:

Post a Comment