Tuesday 14 August 2012

Ramadan's Journal #24

In the Wikipedia entry about Ramadan is stated that fasting doesn't pose any risk to healthy individuals. On the contrary, there is even a reduction of cholesterol in the blood of those observing Ramadan.

I decided I wanted to be healthier in Ramadan too. Because during Iftar the traffic is a bit lighter and even virtually in-existent in certain areas, it makes an ideal time to go jogging. Not because I'm jogging amid the cars, but because of pollution levels. I have looked and looked for a running track or a jogging place. There is none nearby. Jogging isn't popular here as it is in other places. And clubs' membership are very expensive, so that's out of question.

So a local friend suggested to go to a certain avenue, which is a safe place, and run there in the pavement. It's not the best way, but until something better comes up, I won't stop. Every time I run I wonder why I stayed such a long time without doing it.

Ramadan karim - generous Ramadan to my health and my sleepless nights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment