Friday 3 August 2012

Ramadan's Journal #15

Today, another underground chronicle.

I was coming back home after a lunch and a walk with a friend, the feeling that I just had a perfect Friday/weekend. I was thirsty, but we were in public spaces and the metro is certainly not the place to eat or drink. I knew, however, that soon it would be time for fasting breaking. Somehow, the anticipation of being able to drink the water that was inside my bag was getting very irritating. My throat burning; my head light.

Suddenly the women sit besides me offers me Fanta. I gaze willingly the fresh orange drink and politely  refuse. She insists, I vehemently say no - was it too much obvious that I needed to drink something? Or was just temptation? Around the wagon, people start moving. Some open snacks. A woman comes offering dates to everybody. A girl passes to her mother a packaged meal. Oh, it's time for Iftar.

I accept a date and drink all my water at once. Just feel like I'm part of the scenario somehow. With dates and water, just like the tradition. The angels should have been all over. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment